15 mins to prepare
35 mins to cook
- 750g - Pink Lady® apples
- 300g - Sweet Eve strawberries
- 100g - Light brown sugar
- 2 - Tablespoon finely chopped preserved ginger
- 250g - Plain white flour
- 100g - Unsalted butter
- 100g - Gorwydd Caerphilly cheese
- 1 - Zest of lemon
- 75g - Demerara sugar
- 1 - Tablespoon Welsh honey
- Pre-heat oven to Gas mark 5/190C/375F.
- Peel the apples and cut into 1cm thick slices, and place into baking dish. Sprinkle with sugar and ginger, and distribute strawberries evenly on top.
- Cut cold butter into small pieces and place in mixing bowl with sifted flour. Rub together until crumbly. Crumble in the Caerphilly cheese (straight from fridge) and stir in the sugar and lemon zest. Use a wooden spoon to lay the crumble evenly on top of the fruit.
- Bake for 30 minutes, take out and drizzle with honey before returning to the oven for a further 5-10 minutes. Take care not to burn the crumble.
- Serve with crème fraiche.