10 mins to prepare
35 mins to cook
- 4 - Pink Lady® apples, unpeeled
- 100g - Currants
- 50g - Dried cranberries
- 1 - Tablespoon pink peppercorns
- 50g - Soft brown sugar
- 50g - Mixed candied peel
- 50ml - Cointreau
- 100ml - White wine, apple juice or water
- Heat the oven to 190C/Gas mark 5.
- Pour boiling water over the currants, cranberries and pink peppercorns to just cover, and leave to soak for 10 minutes.
- Mix the brown sugar and mixed candied peel together with the Cointreau.
- Drain the currants and add to the sugar mixture, stirring well.
- Core the apples and use the tip of a sharp knife to cut around the diameter of each apple to prevent the skins from bursting.
- Place in an ovenproof dish, and fill each one to overflowing with the fruit mixture.
- Add the wine, water or juice to the dish and bake for 35 minutes or until tender.
- When serving, drizzle with the sweet juices left behind, making sure a few pink peppercorns are visible on top.