We have our Write It winners!
The competition: write a story on the theme of ‘Food for Sharing’ for your chance to win lots of fabulous prizes and an invite to the Winners’ Lunch to meet some of your food writing heroes. The writing can feature any food sharing occasion, from Sunday lunches with family to picnics on beaches, anything you like on the theme to get the judges’ taste buds tingling.
One winner from each age group will receive:
- Winners’ lunch with judges in central London in July 2019
- £100 book token
- 5 cookery books
- Box of Pink Lady® apples for the school
- £150 worth of cooking utensils for the school
- Pink Lady® goody bag
- Article featured on Pink Lady® and the Guild’s website
- Announcement in the Guild of Food Writers’ Awards brochure
- A certificate
- PLUS: 10 and under and 11-14 winners will both visit The Week Junior’s offices to curate their own page in the magazine, including their winning story, as well as receive a free 12 month subscription to the magazine.
- PLUS: 15-18 winner will visit the delicious magazine’s test kitchen in London and receive a free 12 month subscription to the magazine.
We’ve been inundated with fabulous food stories from aspiring food writers aged 18 or under, and after much deliberation we’ve crowned our Young Food Writers of the Year 2019! Meet the winners and read their stories.
Who has read the 2019 entries...
From celebrity chefs to TV presenters and top food writers, this year’s judging panel was filled with amazing foodie talent.
Celebrity chef, TV presenter, actress and food writer.
Editor of delicious magazine and our lead judge.
TV writer, presenter and author dealing in food adventures.
Food writer and creator of major food projects and festivals.
Prize-winning novelist for teen and adult fiction.