5 mins to prepare
10 mins to cook
- 4 - Thin slices smoked pancetta
- 2 - Thick slices of ciabatta or rustic bread
- 1 - Tablespoon olive oil
- 15g - Unsalted butter
- 1 - Pink Lady® apple, cored and thickly sliced
- 50g - Gorgonzola, sliced
- 1 - A few wild rocket leaves
- Heat a non-stick frying pan until hot and cook the pancetta slices for 1-2 minutes until golden and crispy, turning halfway. Set aside on a sheet of kitchen paper. Then break into large pieces.
- Add the ciabatta slices to the pancetta pan and toast for 1-2 minutes, turning halfway until lightly toasted and the pancetta juices have been absorbed. Remove and set aside.
- Allow the pan to cool down slightly off the heat. Then return to the heat and add the olive oil and butter. Gently heat until melted and then cook the Pink Lady® slices for 3-4 minutes, gently turning until lightly golden.
- To serve top each ciabatta slice with the cooked Pink Lady® apple, sliced Gorgonzola and rocket. Top each with the pancetta pieces and serve immediately.