10 mins to prepare
10 mins to cook
- 3 - Tablespoons good quality mango chutney
- 1 - Tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 - Tablespoon tomato pure
- 1 - Garlic clove, crushed
- 1 - Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 - Medium red onion
- 2 - Pink Lady® apples
- 600g - Pork tenderloin, halved lengthwise and cut into 24 cubes
- These succulent skewers are ideal for the barbie, so once the sun shines get cooking! Coated in a tangy mango and tomato glaze, all that’s needed is a few flatbreads and shredded leaves to finish the meal.
- Preheat the grill or BBQ to medium hot. Meanwhile to make the glaze, mix together the chutney, vinegar, tomato puree, garlic and 1 tbsp of oil. Season generously.
- Cut the onion in half and then cut each half into 4 pieces, to make 8 pieces in total. Core the Pink Lady® apples and then cut each half into 4 wedges. Then cut each wedge in half to make 24 pieces in total.
- Thread 8 metal skewers each with 1 piece of onion and then alternate 4 pieces of Pink Lady® apple and 3 pieces of pork. Brush the skewers with the remaining oil and grill for 2-3 minutes, turning halfway.
- Then baste the skewers with the glaze and cook for a further 8-10 minutes, basting regularly, until lightly charred and cooked. Serve immediately.