15 mins to prepare
1hr 30 to cook
- 6 - PinKids® apples
- 1 - Bowl filled with water and the juice of 1 lemon, enough to cover the apples
- 1200ml - Water
- 220ml - Neat apple and blackcurrant juice
- 1/2 tsp - Allspice
- 2 - Sticks of cinnamon
- 2 - Cloves
- 1 - Small orange, sliced
- 2 - Slices of lemon
- Peel, core and half your apples, and use a melon baller and a sharp knife to create faces.
- Bake in the oven at 120C/Gas Mark 1/2 for 1hr 30 mins, or until they are beginning to dry around the edges.
- You can make them as scary, ghoulish, silly, friendly or emoji-like, as you like. They don’t have to be really scary, but we kind of liked them creepy.
- Measure the water and juice into the saucepan.
- Add the allspice, cinnamon, cloves, orange and lemon slices.
- Bring to the boil and then reduce the heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove the cloves and cinnamon with a slotted spoon.
- Serve in a bowl with the shrunken punch heads.
- Allow to cool to a safe temperature to drink. Have a ladel and some mugs, glasses or goblets handy to serve!