5-10 mins to prepare
15-20 mins to cook
- 1 - Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 - Onion, sliced
- 250g - Pack chorizo cooking sausages, sliced
- 1/2 - Red pepper, finely diced
- 1/2 - Green pepper, finely diced
- 1 - Garlic clove, crushed
- 1 - Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 200g - Dried basmati rice
- 1/2 400g - Can chopped tomatoes
- 450ml - Chicken stock
- 1 - Pinch of saffron threads soaked in 1 tbsp boiling water
- 1 - Pink Lady® apple, cored and diced
- 1 - Lemon wedges and coriander leaves to serve
- Heat the oil in a saucepan and cook the onion and sausage for 3-4 minutes until beginning to colour and soften. Add peppers, garlic and smoked paprika and cook for a further 3 minutes.
- Add the rice, chopped tomatoes, stock, saffron and soaking liquid and bring to the boil. Cover and cook on a very low heat for 10 minutes, without lifting the lid.
- Stir in the apple cubes and cover. Take off the heat and leave to stand for 5 minutes. Check seasoning, scatter with coriander and serve with the lemon wedges.