20 mins to prepare
25 mins to cook
- 150g - Raw shelled and deveined prawns
- 1 1/2 - Pink Lady® apple cored and finely chopped
- 250g - Organic outdoor reared pork mince
- 3 - Spring onions finely chopped
- 50g - Fresh bean sprouts rinsed, patted dry and chopped
- 1 - Medium red chilli deseeded and finely chopped
- 1 - 3cm piece ginger peel and finely grated
- 4 - Tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1/2 - Tablespoon salt
- 1/2 - Tablespoon sugar
- 25 - 24 x 15cm spring roll wrappers
- 1 - Small egg beaten with 1 tsp water
- 300ml - Sunflower oil for frying
- 1/2 - Pink Lady® apple cored and finely chopped
- 8 - Tablespoon sweet chilli dipping sauce
- A few - Coriander sprigs to serve
- Finely chop the prawns and put into a large bowl and add all the other filling ingredients up to the pastry wrappers. Mix really well with your hands to combine. Divide the mixture into 24 and put on a tray.
- Peel off 3 spring roll wrappers at a time and lay some mixture at an angle across a corner and roll once, bring in the sides of the wrapper and roll completely (not to tightly) brush the point of the square with a little egg mixture and secure. Repeat with the rest putting them on a tray and cover with a clean tea towel as you go.
- Heat the oil either in a large wok. Fry 4 at a time, first on a low heat (this ensures they are cooked through) for 2 minutes without browning. Increase the heat to 175C and fry until golden and crisp, drain on kitchen paper.
- To make the dip mix the apple into the chilli sauce and serve with the hot spring rolls. Scatter over the coriander springs.