10 mins to prepare
10 mins to cook
- 3 - Tablespoon dry sherry
- 50g - Sultanas or raisins
- 200g - Giant couscous
- 1 - Tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1/4 - Tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 - Tablespoon ground cumin
- 1 - Pink Lady® apple, cored and diced
- 2 - Shallots, finely chopped
- 1 - Garlic clove, crushed
- 2 - Tablespoon fresh root ginger, finely grated
- 1/2 - Red chilli, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 25g - Pack fresh mint, leaves only finely chopped
- 1 - Grated zest of lemon
- 1 - Tablespoon pine nuts, toasted
- Put the sherry into a small saucepan and gently bring just below the boil. Add the sultanas and set aside to soak.
- Meanwhile put the couscous into a saucepan of boiling water and gently simmer for 6-8 minutes until swollen and tender. Drain in a sieve and rinse in cold water. Drain again thoroughly, using the base of a bowl to squeeze out any excess liquid. Set aside.
- Put the paprika, cinnamon and cumin in to a dry frying pan and gently heat until fragrant. Transfer to a large bowl. Add all the remaining ingredients and stir in the couscous, sultanas and soaking sherry. Check seasoning and serve.