Pink Lady Snaps 2021
This year’s Pink Lady® Snaps Instagram competition is now officially closed.
We were astounded by over 7500 entries and would like to say a huge thank you to our esteemed judge David Loftus, who carefully reviews each image entered through the monthly hashtag to select the winners.
A big CONGRATULATIONS to this year’s overall winner @gourmetglow for her beautifully delicate image of pickled magnolia buds, which she entered on the very last day of the competition, 31st March 2022. We’re so pleased she captured this stunning shot in time.
Well done and thank you to everyone who entered. We’re so proud of the very talented community we have grown on Instagram and can’t wait for the competition to open again in September 2022.
Until then, keep snapping and sharing.
Snap the WOW!
Congratulations to everyone who entered our #PinkLadySnaps competition here in the UK! Seasonal produce and homecooked meals were the stars of the show, as well as some very festive traditions.
Well done to all of our monthly winners featured below…
September 2021 winner - @dessertbyine
October 2021 winner - @eli_and_co
November 2021 winner - @twinsinmykitchen
December 2021 winner - @bakingmydays
January 2022 winner - @madebymrmillas
February 2022 winner - @her_dark_materials
Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year Awards Instagram Competition
We are Coregeo® Ltd (company registration number 3812840) the promoter of this competition.
This competition is running in association with The Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year Awards but is not subject to the same judging process.
The competition will be open from 12am on 1st September 2021 to 11:59pm on 31st March 2022.
Each month a winner will be selected from that month’s entries. Following the end of the competition, an overall winner will be selected from the shortlist of monthly winners.
How to enter
- Be uploaded to Instagram and comply with all Instagram rules and regulations
- Feature food in some aspect (filters can be used)
- Use the hashtag “#PinkLadySnaps[MONTH YEAR]” for the relevant month in the text accompanying the image. The monthly abbreviation must follow the regular use (e.g. SEPT or APR) and year two digits (e.g. 21) So for example, in the first month of the competition, only entries with the hashtag “#PinkLadySnapsSept20” will be considered and in the last month of the competition, only entries with the hashtag “#PinkLadySnapsMAR21” will be considered)
- Tag @PinkLadyappleuk in the caption or the image
- Tag @foodphotoaward in the caption or the image
- Be uploaded, with the appropriate hashtags and references, by 11:59pm on the last day of the relevant month (so for example the first month’s competition will close at 11:59pm on 30 September 2020)
- Not be sexually explicit, offensive or inappropriate or infringe the rights of any third party. Where your entry features a third party who can be identified in the image, you must ensure that you have their consent to submit to image before it is uploaded.
- Be owned by the person uploading the image
- We do not accept responsibility for competition entries that are lost, corrupted or otherwise fail to be considered, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure or issues with the Instagram platform of any kind. Proof of uploading will not be considered proof of entry. We may at our sole discretion extend the monthly entry period in the event of issues with the Instagram platform.
- By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- One winner will be selected each month by the competition judge David Loftus, whose decision is final.
- Each monthly winner will be automatically entered into the final judging decision, again judged by David Loftus, for the chance to win the overall prize.
- The competition is only open to Instagram users aged 13 or over, except employees of the promoter, The Food Awards Company Ltd, any associated agency and their immediate families.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter and claim your prize. We may ask the winner to provide proof of age.
- No bulk, machine generated, consumer group or third-party entries will be accepted.
- The photograph being entered must be an original image owned by the entrant. Any entries which do not adhere to this rule will be disqualified.
- We reserve all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition.
- The Instagram usernames of each month’s winner (and the overall competition) will be shared from the @pinkladyappleuk Instagram account following each month’s competition (and the overall competition).
- Winners will be picked following the end of each month’s entry period and notified through Instagram direct message within 30 days of the judging
- Monthly prizes winners will receive a donation of £40 GBP to the World Food Programme in their name. Payment will be made by Pink Lady® and their associated agencies directly to the charity.
- The winner of the overall prize will be offered a DSLR camera up to the value of £800 GBP.
- The prizes are not negotiable, transferable or refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part. The prize cannot be exchanged for any other prizes of lesser or greater value.
- We reserve the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
Permissions - Limited Free Usage
- The sponsors/organiser will only acquire limited usage rights for works submitted to a competition. Limited usage rights means they must be non-exclusive, and usage is restricted solely to promoting the specific competition the works were submitted to, or future competitions where that competition is a recurring one, and no other purpose. This is termed "limited free usage".
- Winning and shortlisted works can be used to promote the competition in perpetuity
- Non-winning and non-shortlisted images can be used to promote the competition, and no other purpose, subject to a time limit not exceeding (3) three years following the announcement of the winning entries for the competition the non-winning and non-shortlisted entries were submitted to.
- If you are the winner of a monthly competition or the overall competition, you agree that we may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce you as a winner and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes. You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by us.
- By entering the competition, you agree that any personal information provided by you with the competition entry may be held and used only by us or our agents and suppliers to administer the competition.
- Entering the competition via usage of the competition hashtag will be deemed as accepting the above usage permissions.
As far as permitted by law, we (and our agents or distributors) will not in any circumstances be responsible or liable to compensate the winner or accept any liability for any loss, damage, personal injury or death occurring as a result of taking up the prize except where it is caused by our negligence (or that of our agents or distributors or their employees). Your statutory rights are not affected.
This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram. By entering the competition, you release Instagram from any responsibility in respect of your entry.