20 mins to prepare
20-25 mins to cook
- 6 - Good quality Toulouse-style sausages
- 1 - Pink Lady® apple, cored and finely diced
- 50g - Dried breadcrumbs
- 1 tbsp - Chopped fresh sage
- 1 tbsp - Wholegrain mustard
- 150g - Filo pastry (6 sheets measuring approx. 40 cm x 30 cm)
- 60g - butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to Gas mark 6/200C/fan oven 180C. Squeeze the meat out of the sausage skins and put into a bowl with the diced Pink Lady® apple, 25g breadcrumbs, sage, mustard and seasoning. Mix really well with your hands to combine.
- Lay one sheet of pastry onto a clean board and brush with the melted butter. Top with a second sheet of pastry, brush with more butter and then top with a final sheet of pastry. Brush again with butter and then fold in half to make a long rectangle. Cut into three equal small rectangles. Repeat this process again with the remaining three sheets of filo pastry.
- Shape the sausage mixture into six equal sausage shapes, just a bit shorter than the pastry rectangles. Take one pastry rectangle and sprinkle a little of the remaining breadcrumbs in the centre. Put a sausage on top of the breadcrumbs and brush all the exposed pastry with butter. Fold the pastry up and over the sausage, pressing down at the edges to enclose the sausages. Repeat with remaining filo and sausage mixture.
- Place the filo rolls on the prepared baking tray, brush with the melted butter and then lightly score each roll three times on the top. Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and cooked through.