10th year of Write It
Write it 2018
Are you a food lover with a wonderful way with words? Then we have just the competition for you. That’s right, Write It is back and it’s turning ten years old! As it’s such a special birthday, we’re asking you to write your best stories about how food and celebration go together. It could be that there’s a special dish you always have at a family party, or you’ve dreamed up a feast fit for any special occasion. It could be anything that says celebration to you.
And if your story is chosen, you’ll be named the Guild of Food Writers' Young Food Writer of the year and snap up some great prizes that money can’t buy (scroll to the bottom of this page to see what you could win). Now, before you get writing take a couple of minutes to check the rules for entry:
- Your story must be between 250 and 750 words.
- 10 and under - up to 250 words
- 11-14 years old - up to 500 words
- 15-18 years old - up to 750 words
- Your story must be based on the theme of food and celebration.
- You must get your entry in by the 30th April.
- You must absolutely have loads of fun writing your story.
And that’s it! All that’s left for us to say is good luck and we can’t wait to read your stories!.