Hip Flexor Stretch
This stretch will help you loosen out your hips and balance your squat correctly, enabling you to squat deeper.
Equipment: Exercise ball, exercise mat
- Position yourself in a kneeling lunge with your left leg in front, with your knee at a 90 degree angle
- Place your exercise ball on your left hand side and lightly rest your left hand on top of it
- Tilt your pelvis by tucking your tailbone under (just tightening your bottom here might be enough)
- Lean your weight slightly forward until you feel a gentle stretch through the back of your right thigh
- Lift your right arm straight up until it’s in line with your ear and gently lean towards the ball, keeping your hips square. You should feel a stretch along the whole right side of your body
- Hold the stretch and then switch legs and repeat
Check out the full Pink Lady® Core series for more exercises from our experts to help you improve your core strength and form.