30 mins to prepare
20-25 mins to cook
- 85g uncooked weight - Cooked quinoa
- 75g - Light muscovado sugar
- 175g - Plain flour
- 2 tsp - Baking powder
- 1 tsp - Ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp - Ground mixed spice
- 2 - Orange zest
- 1 - Pink Lady® apple, peeled and diced
- 100g - Mixed dried fruit
- 2 - Medium eggs
- 75g - Melted butter
- 175ml - Semi skimmed milk
- 150g - Marzipan
- 200g - Icing sugar
- 2 - Freshly squeezed orange juice (from the ones you zested)
- Ask an adult to preheat the oven to 190c/gas 5.
- Mix together the quinoa, sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, mixed spice, orange zest, diced Pink Lady® apple and mixed dried fruit. Mix together the eggs, milk and melted butter in a separate bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and stir well. Fill 12 muffin cases in a muffin tin.
- Split the marzipan into 12 pieces, roll each piece into a ball and press each ball into the centre of each muffin.
- Ask an adult to bake the muffins for 20-25 minutes until golden brown and springy to the touch.
- Leave to cool then make up the icing with 200g icing sugar mixed with sufficient orange juice to form a stiff paste and ice before eating.