10 mins to prepare
5 mins to cook
- 50g - Granulated sugar
- 50ml - Cold water
- 1 - Juice & zest of 1 lime
- 1 - Medium hot red chilli, finely chopped (or less, to taste)
- 2 tbsp - Finely chopped fresh mint
- 3 large or 4 medium - Pink Lady® apples
- In a small saucepan simmer together the sugar and water, stirring until the sugar has dissolved. Boil for 3-4 minutes until syrupy.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the lime juice and zest and the chilli. Pour into a small jug and allow to cool.
- Using a mandolin slicer, or a very sharp knife with care, slice the apples very finely. Arrange on a flat plate in a pretty pattern. Pour over the cooled syrup and scatter with the mint. Serve immediately.