15 mins to prepare
10 mins to cook
- 125g - Plain flour
- 1 - Vanilla pod, split in half
- 2 - Large eggs
- 200ml - Whole milk
- 15g - Butter, melted plus extra for cooking
- 150ml - Orange juice from 3-4 oranges
- 1 - Grated zest of lemon
- 1 - Grated zest of orange
- 1 tbsp - Caster sugar
- 3 - Cardamom pods, crushed
- 30g - Butter, melted
- 2 - Pink Lady® apples, cored, thickly sliced and then cut in half
- Put the flour and vanilla seeds into a bowl and add the eggs. Gradually whisk in the milk and butter until a smooth batter is formed.
- Heat a large frying pan and brush with the melted butter for cooking, pour in a ladleful of the mixture, swirl the pan to make a thin large pancake and cook for 1-2 minutes, turning halfway until golden and cooked. Fold into quarters, transfer to a warm plate and keep warm. Repeat with remaining batter to make 4 large or 8 small pancakes in total.
- For the apple sauce put the orange juice, lemon and orange zest, sugar, cardamom pods into the frying pan and bring to the boil. Then gradually stir in the melted butter, stirring until combined. Add the apples and pancakes and gently warm through, tossing in the sauce. Serve immediately.