5 mins to prepare
15 mins to cook
- 2 - Lean boneless pork loin chops, 100g each
- 1/2 - Sliced onion
- 100ml - Clear apple juice
- 1 - Tablespoons chopped fresh thyme
- 1 - Large Pink Lady® apple
- 1 - Tablespoon lemon juice
- 7.5g - Cornflour
- 1 - Tablespoon cold water
- 1 - Pepper
- Place the chops in large heavy based frying pan with the onion, apple juice and thyme. Bring the apple juice to the boil, cover the pan with a lid and simmer gently until cooked – about 15 minutes – turning the pork over half way through.
- Meanwhile peel the apple, core and cut into 5mm circles, tossing in the lemon juice to prevent browning.
- When the pork is cooked, add the apple slices and simmer for a further 5 minutes. Blend the cornflour with the water and stir well into the apple juice to thicken the sauce. Simmer for 1-2 minutes or until the apples are just tender (don’t be tempted to use apples other than Pink Lady as they won’t keep their shape as well and will spoil the look of the dish)