10 mins to prepare
20 mins to cook
- 4 - Large scallops
- 4 - Whole cépes mushrooms, or Portobello mushrooms
- 4 - Small globe artichokes
- 2 - Pink Lady apples
- 1/2 - Juice of lemon
- 1 - Pink grapefruit
- 1 - Olive oil
- 1 - Sea salt
- 1 pinch - Freshly ground black pepper
- 40g - Chopped hazelnuts
- First, prepare the scallops; carefully ease the scallops out of their shells. Discard the coral. Wash them and then wipe them dry. Cut them into very thin slices with a sharp knife and set them to one side.
- Peel the mushrooms, then wipe them and then slice them thinly with the stem still attached to the cap, so you are left with the whole shape of the mushroom.
- Make the dressing by squeezing the grapefruit, and then mix the grapefruit juice with an equal amount of olive oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Prepare the artichokes by taking off the outer leaves and then paring them with a sharp knife to make a smooth shape. Cut them into quarters, and remove the hairy choke. Place them in water with the lemon juice until you need to serve them to stop them becoming discoloured. As soon as you want to serve them, slice them very thinly and add half of the grapefruit dressing, mix them well in the dressing to cover them.
- Cut the Pink Lady® apples in half, and core them; then slice them very thinly and add them to the dressed artichokes, keeping a few slices back to add as a garnish.
- To assemble the ceviche and salad: Arrange the sliced scallops in the middle of the plate; sprinkle a little sea salt over them and then drizzle over some grapefruit dressing. Arrange the sliced artichokes, mushrooms and apples around the scallops and then scatter the chopped hazelnuts over the top. Garnish with 2 slices of pink lady apples and serve.