10 mins to prepare
20 mins to cook
Serves 4 as a starter (2 as a main course)
- 25g - Walnuts
- 70g - Quinoa
- 2 - Free range skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tbsp - Olive oil
- 2 - Small Pink Lady apples, unpeeled, cored and sliced
- 1 - Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 200g - Strawberries
- 75g - Bag of watercress
- 1 tbsp - White balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp - Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 heaped tbsp - Pink peppercorns, lightly crushed in a pestle and mortar with a pinch of salt
- Preheat the oven to 180°C / 160°C (fan) gas mark 4. Lay the walnuts on a baking tray and lightly roast in the oven for 5 minutes. Remove and leave to cool.
- Cook the quinoa according to the pack instructions. When cooked, transfer to a sieve and rinse with cold water. Set aside to drain completely.
- Lay the chicken breasts out on a large chopping board and, using a heavy rolling pin, bash them to flatten them out. Rub the chicken all over with a little olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Heat a griddle pan to hot and griddle the chicken for about 5 minutes on each side, or until it is cooked through. Set aside to rest while you prepare the salad.
- In a small bowl, whisk the dressing ingredients together. Gently turn the Pink Lady® apple slices over in a little of the dressing to prevent them going brown.
- Wash the strawberries and remove the stalks. Slice thinly.
- Slice the chicken breast.
- With your hands, toss the watercress together with the quinoa and a tablespoon of the dressing, then arrange on a large flat serving plate, or divide between individual plates. Scatter over the apple slices, the strawberries, the walnuts and the slices of chicken. Drizzle over the remaining dressing and serve.