30 mins to prepare
45 mins to cook
- 50g - Butter, melted
- 8 - 25g Filo pastry sheets (approx. 24 cm x 25 cm)
- 1 - 397g tin dulce de leche
- 2 - Pink Lady® apples, cored and finely sliced
- 2 - Tablespoon caster sugar
- 20g - Flaked almonds
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan oven/gas mark 6 and put a baking tray in the oven to preheat. Brush the inside of a loose bottom 20cm cake tin with a little melted butter.
- Put one sheet of filo pastry onto a clean work surface and brush all over with butter. Lay another sheet of filo pastry on top, slightly offsetting the corners. Repeat with butter and remaining filo pastry sheets.
- Take the filo pastry stack and use to line the cake tin, allowing the edges of the pastry to hand over the edge. Spread the dulce de leche all over the base of the pastry.
- Arrange the apple slices all over the top of the dulce de leche in circles, slightly overlapping the slices. Scrunch the over-hanging pastry over the top of the apples.
- Brush all over with a little butter, sprinkle with the sugar and almonds and bake in the oven for 25-30 minutes until golden and pastry is cooked. Leave to cool for 10 minutes before serving.