40 mins to prepare
20 mins to cook
- 100g - Ground almonds
- 60g - Icing sugar sifted
- 2 - Tablespoon rosewater
- 1 - Pack ready rolled puff pastry (at room temp)
- 4 - Pink Lady® apples (each quartered and cored)
- 1 - Tablespoon English runny honey warmed
- 1 - Icing sugar to dust
- 300ml - Double cream
- 1 - Tablespoon icing sugar sifted
- 1 - A length ways split vanilla pod seeds scraped out
- Preheat the oven to gas mark 7/220C/fan oven 180. Mix the almonds, icing sugar, rosewater and 1 tbsp water together in a bowl to create a frangipane mix.
- Unroll the pastry onto a floured surface. Roll gently width ways to widen the pastry slightly so it becomes wide enough to allow you to cut a circle around a dinner plate. Carefully transfer the circle onto the baking tray and prick all over with a fork to within 1cm of the edge. Put in the fridge to chill.
- Cut each apple quarter into 3 wedges and toss in a bowl with the warmed honey.
- Spread the frangipan to within 1cm of the edge of the pastry. Arrange the apple wedges on top and bake for 10 minutes. Lower the oven to gas mark 6/200C/fan oven 170 and bake for 15-20 minutes until the pastry has puffed up and the frangipane is golden.
- Meanwhile make the Chantilly cream. Whisk the cream, icing sugar and vanilla together, chill until ready to serve.