Terms and conditions
The Guild of Food Writers Write It competition, in partnership with Pink Lady®
You can enter the Guild of Food Writers Write It Competition, in partnership with Pink Lady®, by filling in our entry form at www.pinkladyapples.co.uk/write-it-2018 along with some information about yourself and/or your parent/guardian. You can enter the competition between 2nd January 2018 and 30th April 2018.
By entering the promotion (the “Promotion”) you (the “participant”) agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any information or instructions published by the Promoter about the Promotion on the websites www.gfw.co.uk and www.pinkladyapples.co.uk, Twitter (@Pinkladyappleuk and @GuildFoodWriter), Instagram (pinkladyappleuk) and Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/PinkLadyApples/) form part of these terms and conditions.
The Promoter of this Promotion is The Guild of Food Writers, and the Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to this Promotion whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
- The Promotion is open to residents of the UK aged 18 and under on 31 August 2018. The Promoter reserves the right to request proof of age. Children under the age of 15 must obtain permission from their parent or legal guardian before entering the competition.
- Employees or agents of the Promoter or any affiliated organisations, or their families or households or anyone professionally connected to this Promotion are not eligible to enter.
HOW TO ENTER & THE DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES
- Entries will be accepted from Tuesday 2nd January 2018. The closing date for entries is Monday 30th April, 12pm. Entries received after the Competition Period will not be eligible for entry.
- The competition is free to enter. Entries submitted to www.pinkladyapples.co.uk will be eligible for entry. Entries will also be accepted by firstname.lastname@example.org if you are entering via the Twinkl platform. For ages 10 and under, your entry can be up to 250 words, for 11-14 years up to 500 words and for 15-18 years up to 750 words. If shortlisted, each entry will be checked for suitability of content before it is published on the website. Pink Lady® reserve the right to amend or not to publish any content submitted.
- The entry must be entirely your own work not a copy of a previously published story. Its originality will be taken into account by the judges. By accepting these terms and conditions you agree to grant Pink Lady® and the Guild the right to publish and use the material in all media for all purposes in connection with the Write It competition. Please note that entries cannot be returned.
- Participants may enter only once. Pink Lady® reserve the right only to publish content deemed suitable for visitors to www.pinkladyapples.co.uk.
- Once the submission deadline of midnight on Monday 30th April has passed, all of the entries will be read and judged by the judging panel. The “judging period” takes place from Monday 1st May 2018 until Thursday 31st May 2018. The winner for each age category will be announced by Friday 29th June 2018.
- This Promotion is only available to consumers (e.g. not to any business or reseller). If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entry will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for lost, delayed or damaged data which occurs during any communication or transmission of entries.
- The Promotion consists of a competition to win the following under the 3 different age group categories:
10 years old and under – Winner becomes "Editor in Chief" for their own special page within the issue of First News. Editor in Chief prize to include: working with Senior editors and Designers at First News to create own page, involved in choice of content on page, writing a short column about their entry as well as what they picked for the page and why, sign off on the finished page before sending to print, winning entries featured in First News and on pinkladyapples.co.uk and gfw.co.uk. Future writing from the winners featured in First News during autumn term 2018, winners’ schools to receive annual subscription of First News. Winners to receive 12 month consumer gift subscription to First News. Box of Pink Lady® apples for your school, stash of food books for yourself and a certificate. Plus 2 highly commended writers will win themselves a Pink Lady® goody bag and a £25 book token each.
11-14 - Winner becomes "Editor in Chief" for their own special page within the issue of First News. Editor in Chief prize to include: working with Senior editors and Designers at First News to create own page, involved in choice of content on page, writing a short column about their entry as well as what they picked for the page and why, sign off on the finished page before sending to print, winning entries featured in First News and on pinkladyapples.co.uk and gfw.co.uk. Future writing from the winners featured in First News during autumn term 2018, winners’ schools to receive annual subscription of First News. Winners to receive 12 month consumer gift subscription to First News. Box of Pink Lady® apples for your school, stash of food books for yourself and a certificate. Plus 2 highly commended writers will win themselves a Pink Lady® goody bag and a £25 book token each.
15-18 - article featured on gfw.co.uk and pinkladyapples.co.uk and on deliciousmagazine.co.uk, a 12 month subscription to deliciousmagazine.co.uk, a half day tour of the delicious. magazine test kitchen in London, a box of Pink Lady® apples for the winner’s school/college, cookery books and a certificate. Plus, 2 highly commended writers will win themselves a Pink Lady® goody bag and a £25 book token each.
- The winners will be contacted on by Friday 29th June 2018 by either email and/or telephone number provided by the participant at the time of entry. The winners will have 14 days from the date the notification was sent to claim their prize.
- In the event that a winner is unreachable, ineligible, or fails to claim the prize in the time required, the winner shall forfeit their prize and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to the person in second position, and infinitum until all prizes are claimed.
- The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The prize is not transferable to another individual. Any transfer of the prize by the winner will result in immediate disqualification. The prize must be returned to the Promoter and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the prize to another participant.
- The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value.
- The Guild of Food Writers and Pink Lady® give no guarantee in relation to this Promotion, and cannot be held liable for any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from a winner’s (and where applicable, guest’s) use of the prize.
- The Promoter and Pink Lady® shall publish the names and towns of residence of all winners on the website after the prizes have been awarded.
- By accepting the prize, the winner:
- a) Agrees to be photographed by the Promoter for the purposes of promoting the Promotion and the Promoter’s products; and
- b) Agrees to be featured on the Promoter’s website gfw.co.uk and www.pinkladyapples.co.uk, http://www.deliciousmagazine.co.uk/, and in First News magazine.
- c) Agrees to participate in the Promoter’s and Pink Lady®’s other marketing and promotional activities.
- All winners take part in the prize at their own risk and to the fullest extent possible in law the Promoter accepts no liability with regard to such prizes whatsoever. The Promoter will have no liability in relation to the conduct of the winner or their guest, nor in connection with any circumstances outside its control with respect to the prize once delivered to the winner. All winners are subject to the policies and Terms and Conditions of any and all third parties involved in the fulfilment of this prize. Any terms and conditions applicable to the prizes have been provided to the fullest extent possible.
- The Promoter reserves the rights to vary these terms and conditions or cancel the Promotion at any stage in the event of circumstances arising beyond its control.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to disqualify participants who it considers to have not complied with any of these terms and conditions; or any participant who it reasonably believes has interfered with the fair running of this Promotion.
- The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims and entries including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age and other relevant details of an entrant or claimant and before accepting a claim or entry as being valid.
PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
- Other than as set out in these terms and conditions or for the purposes of operating the Promotion, the details and information provided by the participant when entering the Promotion or claiming a prize will not be used for any promotional purpose, nor shall they be passed to any third party.
- This competition will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. By participating the participants agree that any and all disputes regarding this competition will be subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
Pink Lady® Instagram Competition #PinkLadySnaps
- The Promoter
We are Coregeo® Ltd (company registration number 3812840) the promoter of this competition.
- The competition
This competition is run by the Promoter in association with Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year, but is not part of Pink Lady® Food photographer of the Year and not subject to the same judging process.
- The competition will be open from 12am on 1st June 2017 to 11:59pm on 31st March 2018.
- Each month a winner will be selected from that month’s entries, and following the end of the competition an overall winner will also be selected.
How to enter
- Entries must:
- Be uploaded to Instagram and comply with all Instagram rules and regulations
- Feature food in some aspect (filters can be used)
- Use the hashtag “#PinkLadySnaps[MONTH Year i.e. 17 or 18]” for the relevant month in the text accompanying the image (for example, in the first month of the competition, only entries with the hashtag “#PinkLadySnapsJun17” will be considered and in the second month of the competition, only entries with the hashtag “#PinkLadySnaps[MONTH Year i.e. 17 or 18]”” will be considered)
- Reference or tag @PinkLadyappleuk and @FoodPhotoAward
- Be uploaded, with the appropriate hashtags and references, by 11:59pm on the last day of the relevant month (so for example the first month’s competition will close at 11:59pm on 30 June 2017)
- Not be sexually explicit, offensive or inappropriate or infringe the rights of any third party. Where your entry features a third party who can be identified in the image, you must ensure that you have their consent to submit to image before it is uploaded.
- No purchase is necessary, and there is no charge to use Instagram for these purposes.
- We do not accept responsibility for competition entries that are lost, corrupted or otherwise fail to be considered, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure or issues with the Instagram platform of any kind. Proof of uploading will not be considered proof of entry. We may at our sole discretion extend the monthly entry period in the event of issues with the Instagram platform.
- By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- One winner will be selected each month by the competition judge David Loftus, whose decision is final.
- The ten monthly winners will be automatically entered into the final judging decision, again judged by David Loftus, for the chance to win the overall prize.
The competition is open to Instagram users aged 13 or over except employees of the Promoter Coregeo®, The Food Awards Company Ltd, any associated agency, and their immediate families.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter and claim your prize. We may ask the winner to provide proof of age.
- No bulk, machine generated, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted.
- We reserve all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition.
- The Instagram usernames of each month’s winner (and the overall competition) will be shared from the @pinkladyappleuk Instagram account following each month’s competition (and the overall competition).
Winners will be picked following the end of each month’s entry period and notified through Instagram direct message within 7 days of the judging with details of how to claim their prize. If any prize is not claimed within 7 days of notification an alternative winner for that month’s prize will be chosen.
- Monthly prizes winners will receive iTunes or Android vouchers (depending on their choice) to the value of £25
- The winner of the overall prize will be offered:
- an invitation to attend the Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year awards evening in 2018 to see their winning image displayed at the exhibition and meet judge David Loftus if he attends the awards
- costs towards travel to London for the winner and a guest (up to £600) to attend the ceremony
- a room for two nights at The InterContinental Park Lane (meals not included) to attend the ceremony.
- The prizes are not negotiable, transferable or refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part. The prizes cannot be exchanged for any other prizes of lesser value.
- We reserve the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that you and any person travelling with you are available to travel and hold any travel documents necessary to claim the overall prize.
- If the winner is under the age of 18, they must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Permissions - Limited Free Usage. Pink Lady® UK will only acquire limited usage rights for works submitted to a competition. Limited usage rights means they must be non-exclusive, and usage is restricted solely to promoting the specific competition the works were submitted to, or future competitions where that competition is a recurring one, and no other purpose. This is termed "limited free usage". Pink Lady® will not use the images to form any part of an advertising campaign.
- Winning and shortlisted works can be used to promote the competition up to three (3) years, subject to the conditions set out on the Bill of Rights page dealing with competition winner's archives. For more information please visit http://www.artists-bill-of-rights.org/bill-of-rights/bill-of-rights/bill-of-rights/
- Non-winning and non-shortlisted images can be used to promote the competition, and no other purpose, subject to a time limit not exceeding (3) three years following the announcement of the winning entries for the competition the non-winning and non-shortlisted entries were submitted to.
- If you are the winner of a monthly competition or the overall competition, you agree that we may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce you as a winner and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes. You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by us.
Pink Lady® Shopping bag Prize draw
- This prize draw runs for the whole year (2017).
- There are 30 winners every month.
- All entries are selected on the first working day of every month and winners will be selected from the previous months entries.
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents (including Northern Ireland) aged 18 or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of Coregeo Ltd, its affiliated companies, their agents or other persons professionally connected with the draw.
- The Promoter is Coregeo Ltd, PO Box 1079, Maidstone, ME18 6WX.
- No purchase is necessary. To enter, you must enter your details at http://www.pinkladyapples.co.uk/subscribe
- The first date on which you can enter your details online to enter the prize draw is the 1st June and the last date on which you can enter your details online to enter the prize draw is 11.59pm 31st December 2017.
- The winners will have the shopping bag posted to the address supplied.
- The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to ensure the website is available, but is not responsible for any inability to enter arising from any unavailability of the website or other technical or communications problems.
- No bulk, machine generated, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted.
- The winners will be drawn at random under independent supervision from all valid entries received at the end of every month.
- There are 30 winners for this competition, only. A Pink Lady® Shopping bag will be supplied to each winner.
- The prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part. The prizes cannot be exchanged for any other prizes of lesser value. The decisions of the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- Winners of prizes may be required to take part in related publicity.
- The names and counties of the winners will be available upon application with a SAE to Coregeo Ltd, PO Box 1079, Maidstone, ME18 6WX.
- When you enter your details on the entry form you opt-in to receive communications from Coregeo containing newsletters or other marketing communications (“Opt-in Communications”). You can change your mind at any time by ticking the unsubscribe box on any opt-in communication you receive from Coregeo®. You are also opting in to have your email address shared with Facebook and Google for marketing communications.