Terms and Conditions
Pink Lady®’s Être Cécile® Competition Terms & Conditions
You can enter the Pink Lady® Être Cécile® competition (the “Promotion”) by entering your details in the entry form. The Promoter shall have the right to use the winner’s name, image, voice and likeness for any purpose in relation to the Promotion in any territory, in any media and in perpetuity using Pink Lady® apples and submitting it to our website at www.pinkladyapples.co.uk (the “Website”). You can submit your details between Monday 13th August 12 noon and Thursday 13th September at 12.00 noon.
By entering this Promotion you (the “participant”) agree to be bound by these terms and conditions. Any information or instructions published by the Promoter about the Promotion on the website www.pinklady.co.uk, Twitter (@pinkladyapplesuk) and Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/pinkladyapples/) form part of these terms and conditions.
The promoter of this Promotion is Coregeo® Limited, PO BOX 1079, Maidstone, Kent, ME18 6WX (the “Promoter”). The Promoter shall not be liable for any interruption to this Promotion whether due to force majeure or other factors beyond the Promoter’s control.
- The Promotion is only open to residents of Great Britain and Northern Ireland aged 18 or over. Participation in the Promotion will require internet access.
- Employees or agents of the Promoter or any of their group companies, or their families or households or anyone professionally connected to this Promotion are not eligible to enter.
HOW TO ENTER & THE DEADLINE FOR ENTRIES
- Entries will be accepted from 12.00 noon Monday 13th August, 2018. The closing date for entries is Thursday 13th September, 2018 at 12.00 noon. Entries received after the closing date will not be eligible for the Promotion.
- The Promotion is free to enter. To enter the Promotion, click on the “Competitions” tab on the website and click on the “Être Cécile” button to access the entry form. You must complete all mandatory fields. To submit your entry click the “Submit” button.
- You forever waive any rights of privacy, intellectual property rights, and any other legal or moral rights that may preclude the Promoter’s use of your entry or require your permission for the Promoter to use them for any purpose, and you agree to never sue or assert any claim against the Promoter’s use of such materials.
- This Promotion is only available to consumers (e.g. not to any business or reseller). If it becomes apparent that a participant is using a computer(s) to circumvent this condition by, for example, the use of ‘script’, ‘brute force’ or any other automated means, that person’s entries or votes will be disqualified and any prize award will be void.
- No responsibility is accepted by the Promoter for lost, delayed or damaged data which occurs during any communication or transmission of entries.
THE WINNERS AND PRIZES
- The Prize: An Être Cécile pomme d’amour t-shirt, plus a Pink Lady® goodie bag with a Monbento box, Pink Lady® recipe cards, a Pink Lady® keyring, an apple cosy (to keep your apple clean while it’s in your bag), and half a dozen of your favourite apples, all presented in our exclusive Pink Lady® shopper bag.
- On or after Thursday 13th September 2018 the winner will be picked at random and notified via email.
- The Winner and each Runner Up will be contacted on or after Thursday 13th September, 2018 via the email address provided in his/her entry. The Winner and the Runners Up will have 14 days from the date the email notification was sent to acknowledge their prize.
- In the event that the Winner is unreachable, ineligible, or fails to claim the Main Prize in the time required, the Winner shall forfeit the Main Prize and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the Main Prize to another competition entrant.
- In the event that a Runner Up is unreachable, ineligible, or fails to claim his/her Runner Up Prize in the time required, the Runner Up shall forfeit the Runner Up Prize and the Promoter reserves the right to offer the relevant Runner Up Prize to another competition entrant. This shall apply ad infinitum until all the Runner Up Prizes are claimed.
- Neither the Main Prize nor the Runner Up Prizes are transferable to another individual. Any transfer of a prize by the Winner or a Runner Up will result in immediate disqualification.
- The Promoter reserves the right to offer an alternative prize of equal or greater value to the Main Prize and Runner Up Prizes.
- The Promoter gives no guarantee in relation to this Promotion, and cannot be held liable for any injury, loss or damage of any kind arising from the Winner (and his/her guest) or a Runner Up’s use of the prize.
- The Promoter shall publish the names and towns of residence of the Winner and the Runners Up on the website after the prizes have been awarded.
- The Promoter shall have the right to use the Winner’s and each Runner Up’s name, image, voice and likeness for any purpose in relation to the Promotion in any territory, in any media and in perpetuity. By accepting the prize, the Winner and the four Runners Up:
- Agree to be photographed by the Promoter for the purposes of promoting the Promotion and the Promoter’s products;
- Agree to be featured on the Promoter’s website pinkladyapples.co.uk; and
- Agree to participate in the Promoter’s other marketing and promotional activities.
- The Winner and Runners Up take part in the prizes at their own risk and to the fullest extent possible in law the Promoter accepts no liability with regard to such prizes whatsoever. The Promoter will have no liability in relation to the conduct of the Winner, their guest(s) and the Runners Up, nor in connection with any circumstances outside its control with respect to the prizes once delivered to the Winner or the Runners Up. The Winner and the Runners Up are subject to the policies and Terms and Conditions of any and all third parties involved in the fulfilment of the prizes.
- The Promoter reserves the rights to vary these terms and conditions or cancel the Promotion at any stage in the event of circumstances arising beyond its control.
- The Promoter reserves the right, at its absolute discretion, to disqualify participants who it considers to have not complied with any of these terms and conditions; or any participant who it reasonably believes has interfered with the fair running of this Promotion.
- The Promoter shall have the right, where necessary, to undertake all such action as is reasonable to protect itself against fraudulent or invalid claims and entries including, without limitation, to require further verification as to the identity, age and other relevant details of a participant and before accepting a claim or entry as being valid.
PRIVACY AND DATA PROTECTION
- If you agree to subscribe to the Pink Lady® newsletter on the Website, you opt-in to receive communications from Coregeo® containing newsletters or other marketing communications (“Opt-in Communications”). You can change your mind at any time by ticking the unsubscribe box on any Opt-in Communication you receive from Coregeo®.
- If you agree to sign up to the Pink Lady® newsletter, you also agree that your data will be shared with Facebook and Google to enable them to identify similar profiles to yours for the purpose of behavioural advertising. Facebook and Google will not use your data for any other purposes and will not send your data to any third party, nor will they send you any marketing communications. We will also never directly contact you on Facebook or Google without your specific consent.
- Other than as set out in these terms and conditions or for the purposes of operating the Promotion, the details and information provided by participants when entering the Promotion or claiming a prize will not be used for any promotional purpose, nor shall they be passed to any third party, apart from those set out above.
- Any personal data relating to participants will be used solely in accordance with current UK data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the individual’s prior consent, other than as set out above.
- This Promotion will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales. By participating the participants agree that any and all disputes regarding this Promotion will be subject to the jurisdiction of the English courts.
Pink Lady® Shopping bag Prize draw
- This prize draw runs for the whole year (2018).
- There are 30 winners every month.
- All entries are selected on the first working day of every month and winners will be selected from the previous months entries.
- The prize draw is open to all UK residents (including Northern Ireland) aged 18 or over, excluding employees and their immediate families of Coregeo Ltd, its affiliated companies, their agents or other persons professionally connected with the draw.
- The Promoter is Coregeo Ltd, PO Box 1079, Maidstone, ME18 6WX.
- No purchase is necessary. To enter, you must enter your details at http://www.pinkladyapples.co.uk/subscribe
- The first date on which you can enter your details online to enter the prize draw is 1st January 2018 and the last date on which you can enter your details online to enter the prize draw is 11.59pm 31st December 2018.
- The winners will have the shopping bag posted to the address supplied.
- The Promoter will use reasonable endeavours to ensure the website is available, but is not responsible for any inability to enter arising from any unavailability of the website or other technical or communications problems.
- No bulk, machine generated, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted.
- The winners will be drawn at random under independent supervision from all valid entries received at the end of every month.
- There are 30 winners for this competition, only. A Pink Lady® Shopping bag will be supplied to each winner.
- The prizes are non-transferable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part. The prizes cannot be exchanged for any other prizes of lesser value. The decisions of the Promoter are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Promoter reserves the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- Winners of prizes may be required to take part in related publicity.
- The names and counties of the winners will be available upon application with a SAE to Coregeo Ltd, PO Box 1079, Maidstone, ME18 6WX.
- When you enter your details on the entry form you opt-in to receive communications from Coregeo containing newsletters or other marketing communications (“Opt-in Communications”). You can change your mind at any time by ticking the unsubscribe box on any opt-in communication you receive from Coregeo®. You are also opting in to have your email address shared with Facebook and Google for marketing communications.
Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year Awards Instagram Competition - #PinkLadySnaps
- The Promoter
- We are Coregeo® Ltd (company registration number 3812840) the promoter of this competition.
- The competition
- This competition is running in association with The Pink Lady® Food Photographer of the Year Awards, but is not subject to the same judging process.
- The competition will be open from 12am on 1st August 2018 to 11:59pm on 31st March 2019.
- Each month a winner will be selected from that month’s entries, and following the end of the competition an overall winner will also be selected.
- How to enter
- Entries must:
- Be uploaded to Instagram and comply with all Instagram rules and regulations
- Feature food in some aspect (filters can be used)
- Use the hashtag “#PinkLadySnaps[MONTH Year i.e. 18 or 19]” for the relevant month in the text accompanying the image (for example, in the first month of the competition, only entries with the hashtag “#PinkLadySnapsAug18” will be considered and in the second month of the competition, only entries with the hashtag “#PinkLadySnaps[MONTH Year i.e. 17 or 18]”” will be considered)
- Reference or tag @PinkLadyappleuk and @FoodPhotoAward
- Be uploaded, with the appropriate hashtags and references, by 11:59pm on the last day of the relevant month (so for example the first month’s competition will close at 11:59pm on 31 August 2018)
- Not be sexually explicit, offensive or inappropriate or infringe the rights of any third party. Where your entry features a third party who can be identified in the image, you must ensure that you have their consent to submit to image before it is uploaded.
- No purchase is necessary, and there is no charge to use Instagram for these purposes.
- We do not accept responsibility for competition entries that are lost, corrupted or otherwise fail to be considered, regardless of cause, including, for example, as a result of any equipment failure, technical malfunction, systems, satellite, network, server, computer hardware or software failure or issues with the Instagram platform of any kind. Proof of uploading will not be considered proof of entry. We may at our sole discretion extend the monthly entry period in the event of issues with the Instagram platform.
- By submitting a competition entry, you are agreeing to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- One winner will be selected each month by the competition judge David Loftus, whose decision is final.
- The ten monthly winners will be automatically entered into the final judging decision, again judged by David Loftus, for the chance to win the overall prize.
- The competition is only open to Instagram users aged 13 or over except employees of the promoter, The Food Awards Company Ltd, any associated agency, and their immediate families.
- If you are under the age of 18, you must obtain written parental or guardian consent to enter and claim your prize. We may ask the winner to provide proof of age.
- No bulk, machine generated, consumer group or third party entries will be accepted.
- We reserve all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the competition.
- The Instagram usernames of each month’s winner (and the overall competition) will be shared from the @pinkladyappleuk Instagram account following each month’s competition (and the overall competition).
- Winners will be picked following the end of each month’s entry period and notified through Instagram direct message within 7 days of the judging with details of how to claim their prize. If any prize is not claimed within 7 days of notification an alternative winner for that month’s prize will be chosen.
- Monthly prizes winners will receive iTunes or Android vouchers (depending on their choice) to the value of £25
- The winner of the overall prize will be offered:
- an invitation to attend the Pink Lady® Food Photography Award ceremony in 2018 to see their winning image displayed at the exhibition and meet judge David Loftus if he attends the awards
- costs towards travel to London for the winner and a guest (up to £600) to attend the ceremony
- a room for two nights at a deluxe London hotel (meals not included) to attend the ceremony
- The prizes are not negotiable, transferable or refundable and cannot be exchanged for any cash alternatives in whole or in part. The prizes cannot be exchanged for any other prizes of lesser value.
- We reserve the right to provide an alternative prize of equal or greater value in the event of unforeseen circumstances.
- You will be responsible for ensuring that you and any person travelling with you are available to travel and hold any travel documents necessary to claim the overall prize.
- If the winner is under the age of 18, they must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Permissions - Limited Free Usage
Pink Lady® UK will only acquire limited usage rights for works submitted to a competition. Limited usage rights means they must be non-exclusive, and usage is restricted solely to promoting the specific competition the works were submitted to, or future competitions where that competition is a recurring one, and no other purpose. This is termed "limited free usage". Pink Lady® will not use the images to form any part of an advertising campaign.
- Winning and shortlisted works can be used to promote the competition in perpetuity subject to the conditions set out on the Bill of Rights page dealing with competition winner's archives. For more information please visit http://www.artists-bill-of-rights.org/bill-of-rights/bill-of-rights/bill-of-rights/
- Non-winning and non-shortlisted images can be used to promote the competition, and no other purpose, subject to a time limit not exceeding (3) three years following the announcement of the winning entries for the competition the non-winning and non-shortlisted entries were submitted to.
- If you are the winner of a monthly competition or the overall competition, you agree that we may use your name, image and town or county of residence to announce you as a winner and for any other reasonable and related promotional purposes. You further agree to participate in any reasonable publicity required by us.
- If you’re a winner of the monthly competition and wish to opt-out of the overall competition or if you want to opt out of us using your data in-line with the above points, then please email email@example.com giving your details